Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Sport Writing for Marketing & Promotions



Throughout this course I have learned many things associated to sports writing for marketing promotions.  I have learned that there is a lot more that goes into the advertising of events.  Looking at how much advertisements and marketing some organizations do opened my eyes to how much time is invested in this area.  When walking into a stadium there is number of advertisements from sponsors and other promotions.  Another key aspect I have learned is that having a star athlete that is well respected both in the community and the sport they play in will increase the power of an advertisement for your organization.  It's understood that the cost of this player will be high, but the profit from this deal will be in your organizations favor.  I have also learned the basics of writing contracts.  I know these contracts go more in depth but it is good to have a foundation to work from.  I enjoyed the class very much and I think with my love of sports I will take my profession to a high level.

No comments:

Post a Comment